> My bet would be that the black wire fuse is there for positive ground
> vehicles, a vestige of times past. In that case, the black (negative) wire
> is hot, and you would need the fuse there.
>
> Bob U.
> AA6BT

That is one reason, but the other is for the times you go directly to the
battery with the negative lead.  If the wire from the battery for the normal
car's electrical system comes loose , the pathe for all the car's negative
return is from the coax or frame of the radio to the black wire of the rig
going to the battery.

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: