> Jim B. wrote:
> >
> > Doesn't matter-in fact a repeater that's tied up all day with chatter
> > isn't available for emergency communications. Plus the more time it
> > spends keyed up, the less time till something fails.

 This is an asenine statement,if the repeater is in heavy use,you know for
sure that its in good working order,you have a pool of available operators
and it will probably handle anything you can throw at it. You cannot go thru
life wearing blinders,the repeater serves many roles,including drive time
chit-chat,late night bs sessions and emergency traffic. Now tell me your
home phone is reserved for only emergencies and you never shoot the breeze
on it? WAKE UP MAN!