Turn the filter upside down with the screw heads in a tray of
acetone over night.  Put the whole mess in a large glass
casserole dish with a lid to minimize the evaporation
(I bought a old one at the thrift store for $1 just to prevent
the flack from the wife).  Anyway after soaking the epoxy
in the acetone for 10 to 12 hours an xacto knife tip will
pop out the epoxy.

Mike