You need to send data in the correct format. This is like asking of a SM
(or a SG) can generate packet. No, none that I know of can by
themselves. I'm sure there is a way to use the external modulation port
(if it has one) to inject the SAME datastream onto the signal, but I
don't know of anyone who has such a generator for the datastream.

As was mentioned, try the Wednesday test. In my area, it's between 11:00
and 11:30 AM, but your area may vary. Regardless it should have a test.
BUT, depending on how you are interfacing the unit, and the unit you
have, it may not help. My home unit displays TEST on the screen, and
unmutes the audio for a few minutes, but does not light any of the WATCH
or WARNING lamps.

Joe M.