At 10/2/2004 08:28 PM, you wrote:
>Hello all
>
>Just got back from colorado springs and pike peak in august and took this
>pitcure
>of the radio shack on top of pike peak.

Interesting: roll-up door almost makes it look like a garage.  Also notice
the lack of a tall tower - what's another 60 ft. on top of 14,110?  Only
lightning I imagine, no more coverage.

>   i will also try to upload is to
>the repeater-builders
>side.   wish i could have stay up there longer, but the xyl got a lot light
>head  ( 50% oxygen level)

Gotta breathe when you're that high up.  When I realized they probably
weren't going to open the road to the top, I decided to do a little hiking
up a small rock outcropping.  By the time I made it to that summit I must
have looked like the bad guy in Total Recall after being blown out into the
Martian non- atmosphere.

Bob NO6B