Kevin,

That is one awesome repeater! Nice mix of GE and Motorola
stuff. I sort of have the reverse situation with GE
receiver / exciter and Moto PA.

I have questions concerning the PA selection relays. I
assume you have relays at the PA outputs as well as the
inputs? What type of relays are you using and do you have
some means of preventing them from "hot switching" while RF
power is applied? And if not, what happens in the event of
a power failure while the machine is in use? I mean do the
relays handle it OK?

The PA has been off my VHF repeater for some time due to a
relay problem. I need to get it back up there as we took a
major coverage hit when it failed. I want to run the tube
PA when AC power is on, but need to default to running just
the repeater / exciter (20 watts) when on battery backup. I
used coaxial relays to handle the switching but the relay
on the output of the PA self destructed (I'm guessing as a
result of not being able to handle hot switching, though I
have no proof that is what led to failure).

I am currently trying to come up with some plan as to how to
proceed with this situation... Maybe I just need better
relays? PA output is about 200 watts.

BTW folks, I've had several unexpected things thrown at me
lately. As a result I have been delayed on my coaxial
collinear project and photos, darn it! I will get back to
it ASAP! I expect it to be soon.

Paul N1BUG