OK, so how is an RF RCA connector different from a
regular RCA connector?

I do know I've seen them with shorter-than-normal
center pins; I have one short cable with an SO-239 on
one end and a short RCA plug on the other that came
out of either an old tube GE or Motorola radio. The
old Sensicon receivers had an RCA jack for the RF
input, and as I recall there was something at the
bottom that prevented a full-length RCA plug from
fully seating itself.

If that's the only difference, maybe you could just
grind the center terminal down after soldering it.

Bob M.
======

http://mail.yahoo.com