I ordered just the xtals from them.  One the UHF version, the crystals that I
had tuned  them up are at 434.850, was neither high or low side injection.  The
xtal that I put in this radio is at 434.875 Mhz with a high side injection.
Could it be that far off.

  Mathew

Eric Lemmon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
          Mathew,

Did you order just bare crystals to put in some existing channel elements,
or did you send the elements to Bomar and have them compensated with the new
crystals? That may be part of the problem, but usually the lack of
compensation doesn't prevent the crystal from operating- it just might allow
them to drift more than the specified tolerance.

Since the Exec II radio has tuning adjustments in both the
oscillator-multiplier and the RF assembly, the non-operation may be nothing
more than a lack of tuning. If the previous frequencies are far removed
from the new frequencies, the tuning may be so far off that the oscillator
is not even working. What channel frequencies were used previously?

It may be that some components may need to be changed to optimize the radios
for out-of-band operation.

73, Eric Lemmon WB6FLY