Coy,

Repeater coordination is important.  However, the ones often doing it
don't know much...they like the title, but not the work and many do
not even own or operate a repeater.

Here in Florida we do have a good coordinating council, but they
often get into the mode of making rules that apply to all.  My only
real problem is they make decissions among them selves without
allowing the repeater owners/trustees vote.

I would respond to your council you have and state you have notified
them on atleast 3 occations the repeater is on the air and that you
are willing to demostrate it to them...while they are on the phone
bring it up and if possible make a contact.  If they continue to take
action to de-coordinate I would threaten with legal action.  I am
sick of all the suing going on in our country, but sometimes it is
required.  They coordinated you so they have to live with it.  If
this had been an issue it should have been addressed initially.

Most often a good council only wants say your CTCSS tone so another
repeater on the same pair does not use it.  Here in Florida the
council has posted standard tones for each region and most follow
it.  The only real problem one region was given 100 Hz, kinda the
standard for CTCSSng a repeater without closing it...of course these
days if you want to close a repeater don't use CTCSS, use non-
standard methode or DCS, but most rigs now come with DCS, but dought
if most Hams know of it and how to program it in their rigs, hi.

73, ron, n9ee/r

> Coy Hilton wrote:
> >
> > HI Gang
> >  I have had one of my 2 meter repeaters coordinated as a closed
> > repeater for at least two years. Three times last year I was sent
> > email asking if the repeater was on the air and three times I
> > answered "yes" each time.  I had even had a on going discussion
about
> > having multiple transmitters on the same pair coordinated. I was
never
> > asked to prove the repeater existed or even to "prove it" in any
other
> > way. They are trying to de-coordinate me on this pair using this
> > reason. when it has been coordinated as a CLOSED machine for 2
years.

> > My question to you is have any of you guys have ever heard of
having a
> > repeater coordination recinded because of this. I know that the
FCC