You can solder Aluminum... just not the same way as you would
solder electronics parts with tin/lead solder.

I work with a guy who can plate copper onto aluminum and then
solder to the copper plate. I've been asking him for years how
he does it and he still hasn't told me the whole story.  But
it is a true and strong copper plate with wires soldered to it.

Not the flea market stuff... the read deal with copper plate.

cheers,
skipp