I'd agree. Anyway, we all know how aluminum likes to oxidize anyway. Even if
it's aluminum braid against aluminum foil, it will turn to crap in short order.

Chuck
WB2EDV

Barry C' wrote:
Can't be sure , I have over the years installed quite a bit of quality quad and
tri shield coax in various situations and it has lasted suprisingly well with
quite noise free use so until proven otherwise I have to assume a corretly
fitted cable has a good chance of performing.

There are several leading antenna site managers that won't allow aluminum cables near their site, period. Aluminum sheathed cables have always been bad news where intermod is concerned. Com Scope made an aluminum sheathed cable that was used in the cell phone industry for a while. It has faded away and they now make a similar product, but it has an all copper sheath. Even if the connectors were installed and weatherproofed correctly with the all aluminum cable, the systems proved troublesome after some time. Andrew and other companies have done exhaustive testing on different types of cables. Their information is readily available for download and review on your own.

It wonders me why people will spend hundreds (thousands) of dollars on repeaters, towers, antennas, duplexers, preamps, etc, and will skimp on the damn feedline. Nothing beats Andrew Heliax and Superflex for tower feeder and interconnecting cables. They are known to last for years and years.

Good luck with your aluminum braided coax in duplex service, I won't be using or recommending any!

Kevin Custer