-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com On Behalf Of DCFluX

The only real way to bond aluminum is with a TIG welder. And when you
get the stuff hot enough to where it starts making a good bead it
melts on you.

So that would mean that only crimp on style connectors can be used
with this type of coax. That would be fine for BNC and N, But most of
the PL-259s wouldn't work. BTW leaving the braid on a PL-259
unsoldered is a good way to blow up the finals in your radio, so check
your jumpers when you get a chance.

It should be noted also that QST will usually post some kind of April
fools joke in the April issue, so keep an eye out.