>From: "N9WYS" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: <Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com>
>Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] LMR feedline revisited and revised!
>Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 12:10:58 -0500
>
>FWIW - I used to weld aluminum with a gas torch (Oxy-Acetylene) a few years
>ago.  And you are correct, it really took a bit to learn the "touch" needed
>to be able to do this.  The rod melted at about 100 degrees lower than the
>work.  (I repaired aluminum air conditioning condensers for cars...)
>
>Of course this process won’t work with PL-259s, but I thought I'd add my
>1.5¢ worth to the discussion...  <wink>
>
>Mark - N9WYS

Not true , there are some special gas torches which make the job much easier
The name escapes me as I use a tig for alloy but they are just a little
hotter than a map gas unit .

>So that would mean that only crimp on style connectors can be used
>with this type of coax. That would be fine for BNC and N, But most of
>the PL-259s wouldn't work.

Wby would you even use pl259 connectors on uhf ?

BTW leaving the braid on a PL-259

Advertisement: Its simple! Sell your car for just $20 at carsales.com.au
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fsecure%2Dau%2Eimrworldwide%2Ecom%2Fcgi%2Dbin%2Fa%2Fci%5F450304%2Fet%5F2%2Fcg%5F801577%2Fpi%5F1005244%2Fai%5F838588&_t=754951090&_r=tig&_m=EXT

<*> Your email settings: