> As a side note for this discussion, I think Jeff's doing a
> great job of
> explaining how transmission line theory works...

I try...

> For those that want to dive in a lot further (e.g. Do the math), the
> ARRL Antenna Book has a whole section dedicated to this
> topic, and it's
> written well enough that a mathematical dolt like myself can still
> follow the concepts and not scratch my head at the math.

Another good, readily-available book is "Reflections" by Walt Maxwell W2DU.
My copy is old; he put out an updated edition "Reflections II" later.  It's
a good read, but has one drawback (to me anyway).  A lot of what he
discusses relates to pi matching networks common in tube HF rigs.  You have
to keep in mind that a lot of the myths he dispels don't always translate
directly to the world of VHF/UHF solid state amplifiers, but theory behind
what he preaches is dead nuts on.

                                        --- Jeff