  From: Jim Brown
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2007 8:04 AM
  Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Re: subaudibe tones..

  Any new repeater coordination in Texas MUST have CTCSS or DCS access, no
exception.  Only older coordinations are grandfathered with open squelch
access.  It just does not make any sense to put on a repeater these days
without some kind of access control.

  Unfortunately, some hams equate access control to a 'closed' system.  That
kind of thinking needs to go the way of AM phone :-)

  73 - Jim  W5ZIT

  Mark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    I do remember that the Icom 02AT had subaudiable tone as an encode
    (TX) function over 20 years ago. As to the repeaters, it has and
    continues to be an owner option in most areas of the US. I don't
    there is a real date as to when it was introduced in repeaters.

    Mark KS4VT

    --- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "larry allen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    wrote:

    > Does anyone know when subaudabe tones were introduced into ham radio
    > repeaters.. or more specifically when they became standard in ham
    radio
    > sets?
    > Larry ve3fxq

  Choose the right car based on your needs. Check out Yahoo! Autos new Car
Finder tool.