> Not quite true. LTR does not use a control channel, and does not
> transmit continuously, however, if you do not have exclusivity
> on a channel-ANY channel-you need a monitor rx on the output
> cross-connected so that it prevents that channel from keying if
> it hears other traffic.

In the LTR world some people call the Home Repeater the Control
Channel even if you use multiple home repeaters as programmed into
the radios.  I believe if the home repeater goes away the radios
homed on that box do go numb/dead.

> 512 MHz and down to 136 or whatever will all be narrowband by
> 2013 anyway, except I haven't seen provisions for it for part
> 95 (GMRS) yet, so it will likely be exempt.
> Jim Barbour
> WD8CHL

6 years away in Land Mobile Radio is another lifetime... For the
near term we're also watching to see if Analog TV goes away when
they say it should. I'm betting it won't...

cheers,
s.