I think he quote needs little correction...“When you are using a VSWR meter
you are measuring voltageS, not just one voltage, hi.

You are measuring voltage ratios.

The SWR "reading" due to losses changes when one moves closer or farther away
from the end of a feedline.  The power going out is attenuated, then the load
reflects a portion of this back and gets attenuated again and the reflected is
measured.  Moving closer increases the power to the load and also increases the
reflected read at the source showing a higher SWR.  Lengthing the cable does
the opposite.

This is why one can have say 500 ft of RG58 at 450 MHz completly open at the
load end and the swr might read 1.5:1 at the source.  Also for long feedlines
with antennas can give deceptive readings at the source.  SWR at the load is
much more real.

73, ron, n9ee/r