Tony Alviar (Home) wrote:
> Getting people to use the PL'ed repeater is another story.  I have been
> trying to get people to understand that they can transmit a PL of 131.8 on
> the repeater input full time to make the transition to PL repeater easier.
> The response I get frequently is :: But the repeater isn't in PL, it won't
> work if I transmit the PL. . . .

How do people like that get a ham license???

That's as bad as the guy that kept complaining about a 'hum' on the
output of a repeater. After several weeks, I finally figured out he was
talking about the CTCSS on the output. I told him there is something
wrong with his radio if he's hearing it. That's when he told me he had a
12" bass reflex guitar speaker on his 2M radio...I told him to get rid
of that speaker and stop complaining.

--
Jim Barbour
WD8CHL