On Sep 26, 2007, at 7:09 AM, Al Wolfe wrote:

>     So the questions remain: Is the Quantar PL sensitivity
> adjustable? Is it
> a good thing to make it more sensitive? How do I convince some
> users that
> there may be a problem with their radio?

Not trying to sound sarcastic here at all, just serious...

Since the Quantar and the VX-6 are both "current product" from both
Motorola and Yaesu, it would seem that a discussion with both
regarding the problem would be in order.

(I know we're all used to using stuff that was "end of life" years
before we put it on the air, but... this stuff is being sold today,
and both companies should offer support.  Whether or not they'll try
to CHARGE you for that support in today's stupid support climate, is
another story.)

It's a pain, but I would start with a call to Motorola, possibly
following up (and being prepared ahead of time to send) with screen-
shots from some test gear of what's coming out of the Yaesu to both
companies.

--
Nate Duehr, WY0X