Thanks, guys, for all the ideas. I really don't like the idea of
ripping into a virginal Quantar because some users' radios aren't
transmitting enough PL tone.

    As for the VX6's they are not running in the narrow band mode, at least
on the ones that have been checked.

    Although we have ordered a service manual for the VX6, does anyone have
any experience with adjusting the deviation on them? I suspect there is pot
in there somewhere for that function and suppose it will affect voice as
well as CTCSS. Would be nice to know which pot. Think we are going to have a
VX6 clinic.

Al, K9SI