  _____

From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ken Arck
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2007 12:04 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] Re: duplexer isolation and reciever noise
budget

At 09:51 AM 10/24/2007, you wrote:

>OK, I have to comment,
>
>An isolator/circulator should not be used in a duplexer at the
>antenna connector when there are other strong signals floating
>around the air that can get into the isolator.

<---Uhhhhh...a couple of things here:

1) Did I miss something here? Did someone suggest connecting a
circulator to the antenna port of a duplexer?

2) The whole point of a circulator is to act as a "one-way" path for
RF. Placing it in the antenna path is a bit counterproductive, no?

3) I disagree with your comments about "strong signals that can 'get
into' the circulator. Again, that's the whole point, isn't it?

Ken

President and CTO - Arcom Communications
Makers of repeater controllers and accessories.
http://www.arcomcon <http://www.arcomcontrollers.com/> trollers.com/
Authorized Dealers for Kenwood and Telewave and
we offer complete repeater packages!
AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
http://www.irlp. <http://www.irlp.net> net
"We don't just make 'em. We use 'em!"