-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com On Behalf Of George Henry

Interesting...  I wonder if existing equipment was grandfathered here in
Illinois, or if the building where one of our machines is located is
ignoring it.  When accessing the roof thru the elevator machine room
recently to do some maintenance on our antennas, I spotted 2 repeaters
belonging to the site owner; one each for the Sheriff (labeled "backup"),
local PD, and local FD, as well as another unmarked VHF (judging from the
size of the attached cans) repeater in another corner.  There's also
network, PBX, and telco punchdown blocks galore up there.  And the door to
the other elevator machine room nearby has a cellular system warning sign on

it...

George, KA3HSW / WQGJ413