Jim,

I agree.  One could perform control functions on a say 10 meter repeater input
in my option.  A "primary" control method must be available and in place, but
control can still be by other means.  I would think someone calling a
non-licensed Ham at the repeater site and allowing them to unplug the repeater
to turn it off would be acceptable, but not to turn it on.

73, ron, n9ee/r

>From: Jim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Date: 2007/11/08 Thu AM 11:07:26 CST
>To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Part 97 question reference to Repeater control

>Ron Wright wrote:
>> John,
>>
>> Control on 144.39 is not allowed due to it not being an Auxiliary
>> frequency.
>
>Change that to "PRIMARY" control. Nothing illegal about control on
>144.39, just that that can't be the PRIMARY control.
>--
>Jim Barbour
>WD8CHL

Ron Wright, N9EE