Could we say this same for a repeater IDing the final ID.  The repeater did not
have an input for the repeater to come up.  Of course the control is responding
to a previous input, but the control decided when to key and send the ID.

97.111 Authorized transmissions:

(b)(6) transmissions necessary to disseminate information bulletins.

Any Ham station can do this and the method of control is not mentioned.

This gets confusing sometimes, hi.

73, ron, n9ee/r

>From: Jim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Date: 2007/11/08 Thu AM 11:07:12 CST
>To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Part 97 question reference to Repeater control

>John Barrett wrote:
>> a Time Of Day macro to me is an automated function.. how can something that
>> is automatic not be considered automatic control
>>
>> OK - lets define terms here...
>>
>> An automated function is anything the controller does without human input
>> beyond keying up and talking.
>
>Nope-your looking at it wrong. We're talking about 'Automatic CONTROL',
>not automatic functions.
>
>A time-of-day macro is causing the transmitter to activate with no input
>signal, hence the repeater is no longer in repeater mode, but just an
>ordinary amateur station. At that point it is no different then if you
>had a 'talking clock' keying the rig in your shack. It needs a control op.
>
>--
>Jim Barbour
>WD8CHL

Ron Wright, N9EE