On Dec 16, 2007, at 11:57 PM, Mike Morris WA6ILQ wrote:

> This is why I wish more repeater controllers had a user-accessible DVR
> track (even if it was only 10 seconds), and macros to record, play and
> erase it.
> I saw a web page a while back on how to build one using a Hallmark
> record/playback greeting card, but I can't find it now.

Another reason to add IRLP... the PC can do this easily.  It's come in
handy a number of times already around here.

:-)

> As far as I know the CAT-1000 does not have any analog inputs, and
> no way to add them.  This means that even if you had a device to
> create analog DC voltages from the forward and reverse power (i.e.
> the forward/reverse power monitoring module from EMR or Telewave
> that Eric was referring to), you couldn't read the voltage, set
> thresholds
> and speak alerts based on those thresholds.... much less take those
> voltages, scale them to useful numbers, and speak the numbers back
> to you.

The S-Com 7330 will eventually have support for its external A/D
inputs.  Should be very useful for such toys!

An arbitrarily scaled RSSI monitor could be another useful use for them.

> Or fake the guys out... set up a DTMF command that when triggered
> says "97 watts forward, 1.5 watts reverse"
> Unless you really do lose your antenna, or have a power amplifier
> deck flake out on you the average user will never know the difference.

Knowing my luck I'd trigger that thing when it was really broken.  :-)

--
Nate Duehr, WY0X