-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mike Benonis
Sent: Saturday, February 02, 2008 1:38 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Micor Repeater - ID?

Good day,
I just picked up what I believe is a Micor repeater at a Hamfest
today for free. I'm told the repeater works, but I can't verify
that. Here's what I know about it:

Form Factor: Rack-Mounted
Model Number: C64RCB-3105AY
FCC Xmit Info: CC4224C
FCC Rcvr Info: RC0080
Frequency: 464.050 MHz (I assume this is TX, but it doesn't say
specifically on the label)

Cards installed:
2x Four User Control Modules
1x Master Decoder
1x Squelch Gate
1x Station COntrol Module
1x Time Out Timer

It has a Motorola power supply in the rack at the bottom. I didn't
see any cans mounted in the rack, but I only found one N connector on
the back (ublabeled, of course, but it looks like it comes out of a
large silver box at the top of the rack with a heatsink on it. I can
provide photos of the unit if needed.

I'd like to convert this down to the 440 MHz amateur band if possible,
for less than say, $1000 in new parts/repairs. Can anyone tell me,
based on the information given, if this seems like a reasonable thing
to do? If this is a boat anchor, I'm perfectly happy to get rid of it
- but I figured, for free, what do I lose?

Best regards,

Mike Benonis
Electrical Engineering '09
Department of Drama Sound Engineer
The University of Virginia
[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:mjb8h%40virginia.edu>
KI4RIX