Ahh... that magic Busy Channel Lock-out feature that never
seemed to be available, enabled or programmed on.

In days of old ("when knights were bold") you'd have one or
two guys on the frequency with high powered base stations
and no desire to share the frequency. After a few "butt-head"
events with the other co-channel users they'd simply jam the
co-channel users off the channel whenever they wanted to talk
on their respective repeater. We used to call them the "channel
master types"....

Tone Panels started to include the repeater user "hog timer"
functions and various lock out for overtime features. All these
cure-all bells and whistle features never seemed to actually
make it into service.

Thank god the trunking format arrived to provide a much
needed measure of breathing room.

cheers,
s.