Nate,

Chill out...take a pill, hi.

The 3 V p-p is for the 8870/8880 internal op-amp level.  Is it in stone?  No,
but found to be good level.  This is not an input level to the circuit or IC,
but is the internal op-amp output at pin 3 and what the internal parts of the
IC is going to be decoding.

How one obtains this is another design issue.  The op-amp, as with any
diff-amp, uses external resistors to set the gain.  Simple op-amp design.
Based on a given controller or other input if the gain needed is 2 then select
the 2 resistor values correctly...if gain of 100 needed do the same.  Again the
3 V p-p on pin 3 is a good measure to go for and again pin 3 is not an input
from the outside world.

I was responding to the post you sent to me and I made comments on it.  Sorry
you took it so hard.

73, ron, n9ee/r

Ron Wright, N9EE
727-376-6575