Mike,
just about any of Kenwood's hand mics with DTMF and the circular 8-pin
connector will work fine on those radios including but not limited to
the MC-43's and MC-53's. The original mics for both were the teardrop
shaped MC-43's which, by the way, sound a bit better on TX than the
backlit MC-53's but a cap change improves that.
Off to drive cross country to Dayton..
Gary
N6LRV