If they are 77 split mastr II's, it is likely to be difficult to retune
up to the 440 band.
  But not impossible with modifications.
  far easier to tune an 88 split downwards.
  One item sometimes overlooked is the low pass filter in the output, which
low split units might create problems.
  I'm glad my Mastr II UHF units are 88 split, including my 440 repeater.

  I hate Ebay sellers that try adding extras on after the fact, as much as
I hate those that don't pack heavy items properly. Not to mention some
that want high to ship a teeny item.
  Be leery of a seller who does not give any clue as to shipping costs.

  The Mastr II base unit by itself is very heavy.
  To move mine I may pull the parts out of the cabinet, base, power supply
(even heavier) and duplexer...
  OTOH, not counting the packing, it was fairly reasonable to ship for its
weight....

  Oh yes, looking at this particular auction, it shows $51.47 for shipping
to my loction.
  One thing I wonder about with this seller. Why does he use a seller ID
that resembles a call sign but uses extra letters? And nothing like the
call sign the buyer mentions?
  YMMV

  Wayne WA2YNE

On Sun, 18 May 2008 16:26:19 -0500, n9wys <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Don't forget to file a claim with both eBay and PayPal, explaining the
> circumstances.  Hopefully, you should get your money back.
>

> I didn't talk to the guy who had the Mastr-II stations, since I was
> pretty
> sure they wouldn't work for me.
>

> From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com On Behalf Of Camilo So
>

> Hi Mark; I won a GE MASTR II on Ebay item number 160239299000 for buy it
> now
> $300.00 plus $48.94 shipping and handling, then the seller N3OYQ send me
> email that I have to pay $39.00 more for packing a total of $87.94 to zip
> code 33177, I try to bargain to a total of $65.00 but he never replay, I
> have a felling it was there for sale at Dayton, he was from Dayton,and I
> paid him $348.94 on Paypal.
>

> 73
>
> W4CSO

<*> Your email settings: