One can tune cavities with incorrect interconnecting cables and make work.  The
performance will be reduced, about 5% in many cases.

Tuning cavities seperatly can result in they not tuned as one wants when they
are connected due to the cavity impedance and other parameters are not perfect.
 Tuning together will correct this for one is now tuning each to meet what it
is connected to.

I do recommend having the correct cables, but with the high cost of duplexers
it is often the way of obtaining from a defunked commercial system at a much
reduced cost.

New cables can often be obtained from the manufacture for the desired freq.
They may cost upwards of $100/set.

Also improvements in performance can be had with proper lengths between
cavities and TX and RX.

73, ron, n9ee/r

Ron Wright, N9EE
727-376-6575