<<<I wonder how this happened. I am sure the supply is UL listed (no
such thing as US approved) so looks like something got over looked or
a change occured at RS manufacturing.>>>

The thing was made in CHINA!!!  Need I say more?  They just got
through killing hundreds of our pets, so far this is minor!  I don't
buy ANYTHING made in China since that happened.  I recently walked out
of the local "dollar store" because the product I had intended to buy
was made in China; that is now a way of life for me.  They could care
less about us once they get our money, much less our safety!
Tom

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, Ron Wright <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I believe RS has to take the supply back and rewire or fix it.  It
sounds like an easy thing to do...just reverse the neutral and safety
ground as the plug enters the supply.

> If I had a number of these I would take back to RS and have them do
it.  They should put a label on it stating the mod had been done.

> I wonder if there are any charges such as return shipping charges.
>
> Although one can say if your outlet is wire correctly there would
not be a problem.  This is true, but with the millions of outlets in
the world and maybe one in your own home you have not yet tried with
the RS supply I would definitly want it wired correctly.

> I wonder how this happened.  I am sure the supply is UL listed (no
such thing as US approved) so looks like something got over looked or
a change occured at RS manufacturing.

> In the US the safety ground and neutral both go back to the same
place in the power panel (fuse box).  Most of the time both are
insulated with different color wires and often the neutral is a size
larger wire (not allowed with new code), but with the RS supply this
wire size would not be a problem.

> 73, ron, n9ee/r
>

> >From: Gary Glaenzer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >Date: 2008/07/05 Sat AM 08:21:43 EDT
> >To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
> >Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Re: RadioShack Recalls Power
Supplies  Due toElectrocution and Fire Hazards

> >I must have a half-dozen of
these http://www.mytoolstore.com/ideal/ide05-08.html  true, they
will NOT show ground/neutral reversal, but if your panel is wired
correctly, that's a non-issue     ----- Original Message -----
From:  Thomas Oliver    To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com    Sent:
Friday, July 04, 2008 6:30 PM  Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Re:
RadioShack Recalls Power Supplies Due toElectrocution and Fire Hazards

> >> The inspector I used checked every outlet in the   house, & found
one in
> >the
> >> garage that had line & neutral   reversed. It is tagged as such,
& is now
> >> only used with fully   insulated loads such as Christmas lights.
> >>
> >> Bob NO6B
> >
> >My   brother lived in a house with two wire plugs he changed to
three   wire
> >plugs. He just jumpered the neutral and ground together on the   plugs.
> >
> >It fooled the inspector with the little plug in light up   gizmo.
> >
> >I highly recomend one of these to anyone working around   electricity.
>
>http://us.fluke.com/usen/products/Fluke+VoltAlert.htm?catalog_name=FlukeUnit
> >edStates
> >
> >Best   $20.00 I spent.
> >
> >tom n8ie
> >
> >No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG -
http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.135 / Virus Database: 270.4.5/1533 -
Release Date: 7/3/2008 7:19 PM