I figured that was A local code, not NEC.  The only reason I can think of for
that requirement is the ampacity of the 12 or 14 ga wires.  While we all know,
in actual use, 2 or more outlets strung along will not all have 15 amp or
higher loads in EACH outlet. However, theoretically, each outlet could have A
20 amp load plugged into it.That is probably why some pencil pusher decided
each outlet needs its own wire.  (Never mind the fact the breaker would trip
regardless of what is plugged into each outlet or the number of wires leading
to said outlets, but that's another crazy thread) As for the Breaker Box, I
would assume each also has its own breaker. Trying to stuff more than one wire
into A breaker would more fun than I care to have.

Bruce
KE5TPN

Dave,

This is a code requirement here in my county and think all of Florida.

The code requirements for building is a county/state issue and vary. Most use
the NEC code. Many have additional codes such as having wind resistance
building. The way homes are constructed in the north would not be allowed in
Florida mainly due to the wind. This is why we see so much concrete block
construction with lots of requirements for attaching to foundation and roof
securing. Just different part of the US.

Same with electric code. For various reasons some additional changes are often
made. Just because you have a code in your area does not mean it is in all of
US. It is county mostly with some state codes. In my county there were NO
building codes until the 70s. Can you believe this.

73, ron, n9ee/r