Gary,
Duplexer of choice for me is the Sinclair Q2330E. I have had very good
results with these on our 75 Watt VHF Micor stations and we use a Angle
Linear preamp on the receivers.

In your situation where you have a brand new Telewave, I would be
tempted to call up Telewave and order 2 more cavities and the necessary
pieces to turn your TPRD1554 into a TPRD1556. I don't think you will be
disappointed with the end results.

The second alternative is to get your hands on one or two of the older
12" Motorola or GE pass cans and insert them between the duplexer and
the receiver and transmitter.

To answer your question, the difference between 77db and 90-100db of
isolation is like night and day, especially if you are using a preamp
on the receiver and are running 25 watts or more power with the
transmitter.

If your receiver has a good tight helical coil front end, sometimes you
can get by with a little less duplexer if everything else is perfect.

I also can not stress enough to use Heliax for your feedline and also
for your interconnect cables if possible. I use Andrew LDF for the
feedline and Andrew FSJ superflex for all the interconnect jumpers. If
you do need flexible jumpers made out of coax, use the silver plated
double shielded cable with silver plated connectors. As has been said
here many times over, whatever you do, please save your self a lot of
trouble and greif and do not use any LMR cable for anything near a
repeater or duplexer.

Joe - WA7JAW
--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "garyp609" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>