My reply was strictly tongue in cheek as to the amount of range increase
that would be obtained.
 As the other poster claimed that adding 100 feet to some unknown antenna
height would yield an additional 14 miles range.

Free space loss is not going to be a factor in a normal repeater system.
Unless of course you are starting out with microwatts of power. After all
you only loose 6 db every time you double the distance in free space.
There are many other factors that will cause attenuation of the signal that
will dominate free space loss.

73
Gary  K4FMX