No worries, Eric. I'm not giving up yet!  I just want to be able to offer
the answer to the inevitable 'worst case scenario' question.

I definitely agree with you though.  I'm a newbie to repeater stuff, but
I've been juggling electrons for a long time and know that sometimes you've
got to walk away for a while and get a new perspective.  Having this mailing
list is a huge advantage to guys like me who are just trying to 'get it
done' to keep the membership happy!

As always, I appreciate you (and everyone else's) advice.  I've learned a
lot just lurking on the list and even more when I took on the project of
building this 'Frankenrepeater' project.

I'm definitely just about out of ideas though. read all I can find here, on
the website, and everyplace else I can think of and am running out of ideas.
I guess I need to take the cans apart and inspect them again and also swap
in the spare notch capacitors. but beyond that I'm getting to be at a loss!

73,

Mike

WM4B