The Yaesu may have problem. It should be -119dbm or about .3 to .25 uv with
a service monitor if tuned and working correctly.

Those repeaters were never well known for good front ends.

I would have your coax sweep with a Anritsu Site Master or some kind of coax
testing device (not just a watt meter looking at SWR) and consider the
conditon and age of your antenna.

There are SO many factors that can effect how well the repeater works.

Some inlude.....

Have new radios system moved into the site? Perhaps these have raised the
noise floor and desensed the receiver.

How old is the coax, antenna.

What kind of antenna is it? Fiberglass stick? Folded dipole...ala...DB420?
is there water in the stick or what shape is the harness of the dipole in?

I bring this all up as I deal with these issues daily for a state agency in
Texas with a radio system that is VERY old and we are trying to replace it.

Just changing the repeater itself may not fix the problem.

It is needs to be an overall evaluation of the problem and system for issues
and solutions.

Paul Gilbert, KE5ZW
Austin, Texas