A lot of places customer is responsible for underground the entire way.

Chuck
WB2EDV

----- Original Message -----
From: Jim Brown
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2009 12:35 PM
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Site Generator - First 09 War Story

I have a buddy who lives in Maine and moved into a new house a couple of
years ago.  He lost power to the house back in the middle of the summer last
year and determined that the problem was somewhere between his house and the
power pole.  He started digging up the line and got all the way to the
middle of the street where he found the dirt he was digging up was still
warm.  (power had been off several hours by that time)  The power junction
in the middle of the street was where the fault was found.

In his case he found that he was responsible for all the circuit all the way
back to the distribution pole and had to bite the bullet and pay for a new
line installation.  I know that in my case in North Texas, the power company
is responsible for the line all the way to my meter box, but in his case,
this was not so.

73 - Jim  W5ZIT