To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
From: n9...@ameritech.net
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 08:26:14 -0600
Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] Off Topic

            Or you can try a local hamfest - there are usually older laptops
that show

up there, too... some for as little as $10 - $20!

The biggest problem I have run into so far is loading Win98 onto an older

laptop with only a floppy drive...  A friend of mine picked up a laptop with

an interchangeable drive bay, and then bought a CD Drive for the laptop.

Problem is: Win95 (loaded on the machine) won't recognize the drive, even

though it IS seen and recognized by the BIOS.

We think that *IF* we can find a way to load Win98 via floppy, we can get it

to recognize the drive, but for now, the CD is unusable. Problem is, Win98

is 200+ MB...  That's over 200 floppies!!!  *OR* we need the Win95 device

driver for the CD drive.

Sorry for going even further off topic...

Mark - N9WYS