> I'm modeling a half-wave dipole with the bottom .25 wavelength (at
> 145MHz) above zero, with five meters added from the bottom. This
> antenna, five plus meters above ground, shows that when
> transmitting at
> 165MHz, the highest point of gain is a lower degree of elevation than
> when transmitting at 120MHz.

Wait.  You're saying that a center-fed dipole has a major lobe that's not
exactly perpendicular to the element?  Something's amiss.

 > I just ran a stacked dipole configuration, essentially a
> DB-224 without
> phasing harnesses or the losses associated thereof. This
> antenna, with a
> design resonance of 145MHz, exhibits a maximum gain (again,
> mounted five
> meters above ground at the bottom of the antenna [not the center of
> radiation]) at 2.8 degrees above zero, with a gain of 12.44 dBi.

Something has to be wrong here.  12.44 dBi of net gain for a 4-bay?  What is
the element spacing?  Or does that include azimuth gain due to the mount
pipe?

> Center of lobe: +2.7 degrees

When you're saying the "center of lobe", do you mean the midpoint between
the -3 dB points, or the point of maximum gain?

By the way, what are you using to model it?

                                --- Jeff WN3A