  From: Jeff DePolo
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, March 22, 2009 1:17 PM
  Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] Decibel dipole array sweeps

  For a parallel-fed (aka binary-fed, corporate-fed, etc.) antenna, if all of
  the elements are fed in-phase (i.e. the branches in the phasing harness are
  all the same length), as it typical with most dipole arrays, there won't be
  any uptilt/downtilt as you vary the transmitter frequency outside of the
  design range a bit. No matter what the frequency of the carrier is, it's
  always going to hit the elements in-phase, so there won't be any beamtilt.

  This is constrast to an end-fed (series-fed) collinear, where you will get
  UPTILT if transmitting at a frequency ABOVE the antenna's design range, and
  DOWNTILT if transmitting at a frequency BELOW the antenna's design range.

  --- Jeff WN3A