From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of wa5jxy
Sent: Saturday, July 18, 2009 12:09 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] ROIP - Cheap

OK, I have searched the ROIP posts, and I have to say all the posts I have
viewed just miss the point of what I am looking for.
Yes, there are MANY ROIP commercial product related posts.
All $$$$$$$$

What I am looking for is a SIMPLE and CHEAP solution for ROIP for AMATEUR
service.
OK, I understand the commercial product line and the need for small business
solutions ($$$$). Raytheon NXU etc.

What about the amateur service trying to break into the ROIP solution?
I built a P25 repeater for amateur service just because the technology is
there. It works and is cheaper than buying a complete P25 commercial
repeater.

Now I want to build a ROIP interface similar to IRLP and Echolink without a
central server owned by someone else.
I have the dedicated fiber infrastructure (10GB backbone) in place I can
utilize for ROIP.
What I need is a schematic so I can build my own ROIP cards for PC or a
cheap already built card available on ebay.
There must be a Asterisk and cheap card solution out there.
Anybody already done this?

I have an Asterisk PBX server already built and working.
Anybody set up Asterisk for ROIP and what card(s) did you use?
I see then for $159 on ebay but I already have MANY parts and can build them
cheaper, but still need a schematic or pre-built card.
If not, how about starting a discussion to do this?

My goal is to link several repeaters via ROIP other than echolink or IRLP.

Thanks!
Neil WA5JXY