From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Cort Buffington
Sent: Monday, July 27, 2009 9:50 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Closed Repeaters

I'll grab a reply to Don and Larry together:

We do have PL coordination in Kansas. There are recommended frequencies for
different regions to make it a bit easier, but there's still a lot of stuff
out there where I think the hams used whatever reeds their surplus gear came
with, etc. OR are left over from before the coordination. I'm actually NOT
using the coordinated tone. My county is on the edge, and every other
machine in the county is actually using the wrong tone. I went with "local
preference" instead of the coordinated one.

I'm not sure when the licensing took place of a lot of these folks, but they
seem to start in the middle of the KC0 calls.