From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Don Kupferschmidt
Sent: Monday, July 27, 2009 7:52 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Closed Repeaters

I've been watching this post for a number of days now. Seems that there are
a lot of hams who have at lot of opinions to share.

I'm going to throw out a question to all:

Has anyone checked with in individual state coordinating associations about
this matter when applying for or renewing their coordination?

I live in Southeastern Wisconsin, just north and west of Milwaukee. I could
be wrong about this, but I seem to remember a PL frequency band plan by
region in the state that is recommended by the Wisconsin Association of
Repeaters, who is the coordination body for the state.

As there are many hams who are replying to this thread in the CONUS, has
anyone checked to see if their individual coordination body has either
recommended or mandated PL/DPL (or other regulated means) to keep a system
that has been coordinated closed (or open)? Any guidelines that you wish to
share with the group?

I'd be interested in hearing the results.

73,

Don, KD9PT