I agree, that's the political side of the problem. I don't see that there is 
a true NEED for more pairs in amateur service. There IS a need in the 
commercial/public safety world.

Chuck
WB2EDV



----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Cort Buffington" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, October 02, 2009 9:23 AM
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] ARRL Approves Study Committee to Research & 
Develop Plan for Narrowband Channel Spacing


To wrap this around to repeaters.... Where I live, which is admittedly
not, say, California... there isn't a real spectrum problem on any of
the FM repeater bands (if I may use such a term). There is a slight
problem in some areas with the so-called "paper repeaters", but that's
not a reason to narrow-band. It might be a reason to actually give
coordination to those who really will keep a repeater up and
operational, but not to narrow-band.

Is there a reason to do this other than creating more channels? And
how many places desperately need the channels -- as in, even if the
repeater pairs are all full, are the repeaters being used?

Just a thought...
73 DE N0MJS




------------------------------------



Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Repeater-Builder/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Repeater-Builder/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[email protected] 
    mailto:[email protected]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email protected]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to