Let's not overlook that SNFM does not use 2.5 kHz steps - it uses 7.5 
kHz steps/channels in the PS world and the bandwidth is 11.0 kHz.

Only SSB would use a "2.5 kHz step".

I have a scanner that does 7.5 kHz steps, but it does not support SNFM. 
So, you're on the correct frequency but still on the wrong mode (still 
on NBFM).

Joe M.

James Delancy wrote:
> 
> 
> Glad to see my posts are making it.  In the commercial and public safety 
> world (Motorola style primarily as I am not entirely up on all the 
> others except to find that the Kenwood, Icoms and Vertex stuff was slow 
> to adopt 2.5 KHz steps), if it accepts 2.5 Khz steps, then you can 
> select narrowband and it will narrow up its IF's for receive, boost the 
> audio on RX and narrow down the transmit accordingly.  All of the ham 
> stuff that I have now will do narrowband, but most will NOT do a 2.5 KHz 
> step.  Does that help clarify it ;)
> 
> James WJ1D
> 
> 
> larynl2 wrote:
>> --- In [email protected], James Delancy <ctra...@...> wrote:
>>  however I have only one ham rig (other 
>>   
>>> than my HF radio (FT-847)) that will do 2.5 KHz as a selectable channel 
>>> step, 
>>>     
>>
>> James, you leave the impression that a rig capable of 2.5 kc. channel steps 
>> is capable of narrowband.  I'm thinking you'd want to re-state that, just to 
>> avoid confusing the issue among some.
>>
>> Laryn K8TVZ
>>
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------------
>>
>>
>>
>> Yahoo! Groups Links
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>   
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> 
> Internal Virus Database is out of date.
> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com 
> Version: 8.5.387 / Virus Database: 270.13.38/2274 - Release Date: 07/31/09 
> 05:58:00
> 

Reply via email to