From: W3ML <w...@arrl.net>
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Radio for repeater use Response to Tom's
comments
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, October 6, 2009, 5:36 PM

Well Chuck, there will be no new radio unless I buy it out of my pocket and
that won't happen as I need a new rotor.

This club has no money. I was able to get a grant for emergency communications
and that is how I ended up with the stuff we have now.

My big problem seems to be that I took this radio in for free instead of buying
one from that ham in Florida that sells GEs for repeaters.

As I have said before being a ham for 30 years now has taught me nothing about
the maintenance of a repeater. I have built rigs before and trouble shot many a
good HF radio, and now I am actually somewhat having fun playing with this
thing.

I have done more reading on repeaters than I have at my regular job and that is
the Teaching of English Literature.

Of course if we were to buy a new one, hi hi, then there would be nothing to
learn and we all need to keep learning to keep our brains working.

I really appreciate everyone on here helping out not only myself, but the
others that come on here who need help and are just starting out in this area
of ham radio like me.

73
John