Ralph you bring up a good point of thought.

The ham that built our repeater placed the Decibel Products 4002 Bandpass
behind the Wacom 6 can duplexer and then followed by the ARR Gasfed P144VDG to
the radio.

Now where he built it was his tower site (an old AT&T brick building) full of
transmitters.

Now that we have it, it is located here at my house in my ham shack. So, the
only transmitters are my 2 meter and HF when I am on HF. The HF doesn't bother
it at all and I run low power on 2 meter when I am on that.

So, with your thought, I could probably do away with the bandpass all together
run the preamp right out of the cans to the radio (which is a GE Mastr II
mobile).

Right (after fixing a lot of problems which most of you should remember)  it is
working good.

Of course, you always to improve something even if it works like handheld
access, so when I came across that article it made me want to ask where should
the preamp go. I looked on the ARR site and they have no info on placement that
I could find at all. Now maybe, if we had bought a new one, it might have came
with a paper.

Thanks for the advice.
73
John