From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mike/W5JR
Sent: Friday, December 25, 2009 8:58 PM
To: Repeater Builder
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Programming Moto X9000 on a P1

Oh, great wizards. I have an aging, fragile 386sx laptop that has faithfully
programmed my X9000 radio for years. I also have a Compaq LTE P1 120 that I
program all of my other Moto radios with successfully except for the X9000.
On the Compaq, I have tried booting to real DOS6.22 from a floppy (Windows
98SE DOS gives same problem). Using moslo, the X9000 program launches just
fine but I am unable to read the radio. I receive the dreaded "Serial Bus
Failure. Power Fault." message.

I can only guess that the computer speed still hoses the serial port despite
using moslo to dial back the computer. I have read through all of the
repeater-builder and Blenderman sites on the issue.

Has anyone made the X9000 program work on a P1?  If not, I guess I'm going
garage sale shopping.

Thanks

Mike/W5JR