When you first turn the computer on it will usualy say something like
press F5 for boot screen,  do it and go in and see if there is a setting
for slower processor speed.
Select slow speed and also disable the cache .

I have to do these two steps with my Toshiba Satalite  and it works fine
on my x9000.  Moslo  never worked for me. (long time ago)

tom